Total Pageviews

Friday, May 31, 2013

I'm Where I'm Supposed To Be

I haven't written in a year??  How'd that  happen???

Just thinking  last evening about  how much my life has changed in 4  years.  I love living in Quebec. I love speaking french all the time; and I feel like I've come home.  I'm connected here...and I think my Dad must be so happy to have one of his children living in the place he loved, driving  on the roads he drove on, and just  sort of  a continuance if you will.  I summered here most of my childhood.  My life was always very much a part of quebec but I lost that as I got older, during the working years.

For instance, I went to visit my Dad in  his final resting place, in the town he was born.  After the  visit we went across the street from the church and cemetery to get a pepsi.  There  were a group  of 4 elderly women rocking on the  porch  of this general store.  I started talking to them, and long story short....they knew me.  One rocked me in her arms as a baby when we lived here, another was a cousin of my Dad's.  I'm connected here.  I'm Lucien's daughter, Anita's niece, Mario's cousin, Marcelle's daughter...it feels right.

I love this province.  It took me a while to I'll admit.  The people are friendly, open.  They chat in bank lines, or grocery store lines.  Cashiers chat  to customers.  It used to  drive me nuts!  Don't do business here if you're in a hurry.  Go to  Toronto!!  But I get it.  What's the freaking  hurry??

And its home now.  I've made some really good girlfriends.  I love  these  women I workout with, ski with, and of  course drink wine and dine with.  We're all the same age and in the same place ...our men are becoming friends as well.  We all travel and its not uncommon to meet up in south Florida or the Keys or Ogunquit.  Do I  miss Boston?  Sometimes.  I  loved it there.  But its part of the past.  Life moves on and  you have to go with the flow.  I've really, really good friends there but we're still part of each other's lives.  Bernie, Gina, Diane, MaryBeth,  Joan, Gail.....we're still close and I love you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment